Fluke 709 Precision HART Loop Calibrator
Precision Loop Calibrator
Fluke puts HART communication in a precision loop calibrator.
The Fluke 709 and 709H mA loop calibrators are designed to save time and produce high-quality results. These calibrators are built around a user friendly interface with a Quick-Set rotary encoder knob. This tool reduces the time it takes to measure, or source, current and power up a loop. The protective holster easily ts into a technician’s hand and the large backlit display is easy to read, even in dark, cramped worked areas.
The 709H adds HART communications and supports a select set of the HART universal and common practice commands. This makes the 709H unique as both an affordable, compact loop calibrator and powerful HART communication troubleshooting tool.
In the communicator mode the user will be able to read basic device information, perform diagnostic tests, and trim the mA output on most HART enabled transmitters. In the past, this could only be done with a dedicated communicator, a high-end multifunction calibrator, or a laptop computer with HART modem. Fluke 709H will allow virtually any technician to service and support HART devices.
Saving time, getting answers
In addition, the 709H offers:
- Logging of HART data in the field. Once recorded by the 709H in the field, the 709H/TRACK software can upload the HART configuration of up to (20) HART devices in your plant and output data in either (.csv) or (.txt) format.
- Data logged mA loop measurements and HART data can be recorded from a particular transmitter for troubleshooting and loop tuning. The data log feature offers selectable capture with recording intervals of 1 to 60 seconds and a logging capacity of 9800 records or 99 individual sessions. Each data sample contains the 709H mA measurement, all four process variables, and the standard status conditions.
- Best in class 0.01 % reading accuracy
- Large, easy-to-read display with backlight and contrast adjust
- Two simple connections and protection up to 240 V ac
- Intuitive interface with quick click knob
- User selectable 250 Ω resistor
- Dedicated span and 25 % step buttons.
- Valve test, ramp, 25 % auto-step functions
What's In The Box
- Two AC72-1 Alligator Clips
- TL75 Test Leads
- Soft case
- Six AAA batteries (installed)
- Product Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
- Safety Information
- NIST traceable calibration certificate with data
|Functions||mA source, mA simulate, mA read, mA read/loop power, and volts read.|
|Ranges||mA (0 to 24mA) and Volts (0 to 30VDC)|
|Resolution||1uA on mA ranges and 1mV on voltage range|
|Accuracy||0.01% +/- 2 counts all ranges (@23° +/- 5°C)|
|Operating temperature range||-10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131°F)|
|Humidity range||10 to 95% non-condensing|
|Stability||20ppm of F.S. /°C from -10°C to 18°C and 28°C to 55°C|
|Display||128 x 64 pixels, LCD Graphic w/backlight, .34" high digits|
|Power||6 AAA alkaline|
|Battery Life||≥ 40 hours continuous use (measure mode using alkaline)|
|Loop Compliance Voltage||24VDC @ 20mA|
|Overload Current Protection||28mA DC|
|EMC||EN61326 Annex A (Portable Instruments)|
|Dimensions||(L x W x D) 15 cm x 9 cm x 3 cm (6" x 3.6" x 1.3")|
|Weight||0.3 kg (9.5 ounces)|
|Included Accessories||NIST traceable calibration certificate with data, batteries, test leads, and manual|